Christian Protests in Nepal

Admin post
0


 

About a week or two ago I read an article on the BBC about Christian burial rights in Nepal, and the recent movement by Christians to pressure the government for official burial grounds. In the past, Christians have buried their dead on the grounds of Pashupatinath, the famous Hindu temple and cremation site in Kathmandu. However they are now no longer allowed to do this, and have struggled to find a place to bury their dead.

Then today, the BBC had a photo/audio slideshow about the issue that I thought I would pass along. It is an issue I never really thought about before– having grown up in a Judeo-Christian setting, burial rights have never been a question. I knew that there was a Christian presence in Nepal, particularly after the church bombing in 2009 (where a school friend of P’s younger cousin was killed), but I haven’t followed information about the various Christian communities.

It also makes me wonder where Nepali Muslims bury their dead?

I’m interested to see how this news story concludes…

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)